Create Raving Fans with Direct Marketing
November 17, 2015 - Erin Wilson
Satisfied customers sound like a great thing, right? What business wouldn’t want lots of them? The problem is that satisfied customers can just as easily be “satisfied” with one of your competitors.
However, raving fans are customers who aren’t simply satisfied. Raving fans are so excited about your products or services that they talk, tweet and post about them. Since raving fans promote your business through word-of-mouth recommendations, they are one of the most value assets a business can acquire.
How to Create Raving Fans
Here are just a few examples of how you can create raving fans with direct marketing:
- Know Your Audience - Gather data about your customers and use it to anticipate their needs and then personalize your direct marketing with content that is relevant to them. Variable data printing is the perfect way to personalize your next mail piece.
- Go the Extra Mile - Meeting expectations is… well, expected. You must surpass customer expectations to wow them. Highlight in your messaging how you serve customers better than everyone else.
- Make Their Life Easier - Give people multiple options to respond to your offer or purchase your product/service including; phone, email, website, social media, etc. Be sure to clearly present those options on your mail piece so that your customers don’t have to search for them. Consider integrating digital technology to offer more information at their fingertips.
- Focus on Relationships – Not Selling - The goal of your direct mail campaign is to sell your product or service. However, the best way to make that happen is to show prospects and customers how your product or service can improve their lives. Focus your copy on the benefits, not the features of your product or service so that they clearly understand WIIFM (What’s In It For Me).
- Show Your Appreciation - Everyone wants to feel appreciated! Expressing your gratitude for a customer’s business goes a long way. It does not have to be complicated. Include a simple thank –you, coupon or special offer in your next mail piece.
- Stay in Touch - Be the brand your customer is thinking about when they are ready to buy. Stay top-of-mind by contacting them on a consistent cadence with content/offers that provide value rather than sales pitches.
Customers are the lifeblood of all businesses. And, turning your satisfied customers into raving fans is a key part of keeping your business successful. Are you ready to create raving fans? AMG can help! Contact us to learn how a partnership with AMG can benefit you.